Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurricane, Smurricane!

I woke around 5 a.m. and got ready for the 6 o'clock beating we were planned to take, but it was nothing more than a bad wind storm. Around 8, I ventured out of the house, nothing was blown over or missing from the yard.
Deciding to check out the town, I made my way to the Railroad Tressel which spans the river & connects Sayreville to South River. Usually the water level stays a foot or two below the bottom of the frame work but not today.

That's some big water!

Making my way down the street I reached downtown, it was some what of a mess. A lot of people standing around, some even took a water tour of the area. To be young and own a Kayak!


I then made my way to Main Street, there again were a lot of people standing round. The big show for this area was this Daredevil who tried to make it across a flooded road. Don't worry he was safe, a flat boat Captain & his dog oversaw his retrieval of personal paperwork from the truck.


I wonder if Maritime Law applied in this situation?

I worked my way back up the street and checked out my bank. In the lot next door some local canines got some exercise and a sweet stick. The only one with brains was that Great Dane that stayed on dry land.


At this point I was getting a little tired so I head home, while stopping to take some pictures.





Local youths enjoy a river tour.
So that's about it, until the next flood.



0 comments:

Post a Comment