Monday, August 8, 2011

Hurray for me!!

For those who do not know, this is my rookie year of Mothing. Since the last week in May I have been setting up a UV Draw System in my backyard every 2 or 3 days a week. As of today I have ID 100 types of moths, not bad for only three months. What makes it better is that this photographer has no offical education in Entomology. I still have about 70 folders of unidentified moths to name but until then meet 99 & 100.
Number 99- Yellow Collared Scape Moth

Number 100- Spotted Beet Webworm Moth
There still is plenty of time left in the moth season, so I'm hoping to get to 200 by late fall. Wish me luck! Even though I have never met or talked to this person, I would like to thank Mr. Mark Dreiling for his PBase site & all those who have been as interested in mothing as I, over at Bug Guide.

0 comments:

Post a Comment